This page is for the (many) projects that I
This rather interesting device now decorates the
Project 1: antenna towers
The installation of two crank-up towers was completed in 2008.
Project 2: new shack
The new shack is gradually taking shape. See dedicated page.
Project 3: "common ground" bar
Since my shack is on the first floor I decided to install a "common ground"
bar to bond equipment and coax.
Project 4: "Charlie 5"
A set of portable antennas to take with me on a holiday in The Gambia.
Project 5: "Low
A long term project involving propagation on Low VHF frequencies.
Project 6: "APRS
tracker" for vehicle use
A modified ex-PMR radio with APRS TX module.
Project 7: Antenna rotator maintenance / installation
Overhaul of my DR-7600 antenna rotator.
Project 8: Portable antennas for my /P station in EI land
Yagi's for 6m, 4m and 2m for /P operation.
- Install service boxes at both masts ---
- Run coax cables from the masts to the shack ---
- Install antenna rotators --- completed!
- Install remote antenna switch --- completed!
- Software familiarisation, including:
- "Radio Mobile" for terrain signal strength simulation --- software is in use.
- MMANA-GAL for antenna simulation --- software
is in use.
- FLDIGI for digital signal modes --- I have
abandoned digital modes!
- Repair / equipment restauration projects, including:
- Marantz R-600 (AM/FM) receiver ---
- Yaesu FRG-7700 shortwave receiver ---
- Kenwood TM-241E (back-up
battery) --- completed!
Analyse unknown antenna and filters --- work in
Repair and re-stack antennas ---
You are here: Home-Amateur Radio-Projects
Previous Topic: Measurements Next Topic: Radios
Subtopics: Crank-up tower Common ground bar Portable Antennas C5 Low VHF APRS with ex-PMR Antenna rotator Antennas VHF holiday Old antennas Current antennas The 60m band